Return to Witnesses
Holocaust survivor: Alfredo F. Vorshirm
It is the interest of this 74 y/o Holocaust survivor to have his message distributed and view as widely as possible, for the purpose mentioned in the body of this e-mail. Please can you help, I would very much appreciate it.
Author of “From Swastikas to Palm Trees” (1991) and “De la Esvastica a la Palmita” (1993)
Columnist of several daily newspapers/Lecturer at various universities.
I would be happy to contact people with like or similar experiences in life.
Alfredo F. Vorshirm
A brief description:
- Holocaust survivor
- Allied confinement in concentration camps at Argeles and St. Cyprien at the foot of the Pyrenees
- Pamphleteering in Belgium
- Escapee from Gestapo grips after 9months in political wing of Begynestraat jail
- Crossing into Spain-reversingcourse back to France…Fake papers as Alfred Viroux
- Crisscrossing France, trying to reach North Africa by boat
- Crossing into Switzerland: Gyrenbad and Adliswill camps
- Forced residence in Baden (Aargau)
- Leaving neutral Switzerland to join “partigiani” in Northern Italy
- Fought, wounded, hospitalized in Domodossola/Debacle! Red Cross train back to Switzerland
- Escape from Swiss military hospital in Belp
- Crossing Switzerland back to France
- 504th Parachute Inf. Regmt. of 82nd Airborne Div.
- Battle of the Bulge
- Setting foot on nazi German soil
- On to Berlin 1945
- Stowaway on Pomona Victory to USA/Ellis Island”Voluntary Departure”
- Discovering the Dominican Republic
- Trujillo: Arms and Munitions industry
- Senior Army Officer
- Secretary General Atomic Energy Research Commission
- Atoms for Peace Conference-Geneva
- Delegate to Conference UNO-N.Y.
- Consul General in Antwerp Head Diplomatic Mission-Brussels
- Delegate to IAEA-Vienna
- Visit to Brookhaven Institute
- Director Samsonite Corp.-Europe
- Ambassador for Foreign Trade
- Private sector: Development Finance Corp.,Establishing and managing papermill, warehousing
- President Koor-Caribe
- Non profit organizations:Dominican Development Foundation, Progressio Foundation:environmental-reforestation activities
- Advisor to CCC Trading Co.
- Advisor to National Orderer of the Lome IV Convention
- Collaborating member at the University Center for Political and Social Sciences
- Advisor for International Relations Banco Gerencial & Fiduciario
- Congressional Advisor for Foreign Policy
- Languages: Spanish, English, French, German, Dutch, Italian
- Alfredo Vorshirm died in 2001.