- Liberation of
Gunskirchen, Austria - May 4, 1945
This pamphlet was produced by the US Army after they liberated a concentration camp in
Austria called Gunskirchen Lager. The 71st arrived just days before VE day. Many graphic
- One survivor, Alfredo Vorshirm,
invites discussion. Another offers a poem, "In August of 1942" by Janine
- Ebensee- Mauthausen, Austria
Commemoration: August 1997 Plus in the Imagine Student's
- Five Holocaust Essays (and links)
by a class on:
The Forgotten Holocaust
- Flame, a poem by Eric Lashner
- Holocaust Diaries by Students
The Stories are Fictional, The Learning is Real
- Introducing a new section, The
Five Million Forgotten, about Non-Jewish Victims. An important and hopefully
growing addition to the Cybrary.
- The Cybrary Bookstore keeps growing
with Gays, the Holocaust, and the Pink
- Swiss Banks and Holocaust Related Assets:
United States Senator Alfonse M. D'Amato, Chairman of the Senate Banking Committee, has
begun an inquiry into the status of assets of European Jews and others, held by Swiss
banks since their deposit there in the years preceding World War II and the Holocaust.
- Seven new links, including the Pink Triangle Pages and a link to
Genocide Sites on the Web, are available in our Links section.
- Announcing "Lest We Forget",
a CD-ROM History of the Holocaust to be explored at the Cybrary, including video
clips, pictures, and interface examples from this important learning tool.
- Auschwitz/Birkenau Photographs by Alan
Jacobs taken in 1979-81. Incredible pictures; don't forget to visit the Camps for more pictures.
- Explore the Report of
Dachau Liberation by 1st. Lt. William Cowling, including 4 photos of the liberation taken by U.S.
- How Dark The Heavens Part II by
Sidney Iwens; the story continues...
- Visit the ABC/PBS show, "The
Trial of Adolf Eichmann" Web page, including photos of Eichmann and a detailed lesson plan.
- Follow Harold Gordon's journey to survive
at the new Interactive Map (with audio)
- "Tell us who were there that it
never happened", a speech by Liberator and Retired Brigadier General Felix Sparks
at the USHMM; read DACHAU AND ITS
LIBERATION for his personal account of liberating Dachau.
- Justice for Survivors of the Holocaust in
Central and Eastern Europe: or Gerechtigkeit
für die Überlebenden des Holocaust in Mittel- und Osteuropa! Sign the petition of
- Art As Evidence: The Nazi's Cultural War
by Elana Verbin, explores the recent auction of art works seized by the Nazis.
- "In Auschwitz wurde niemand
vergast."("Nobody was gassed at Auschwitz.": 60 Rightist Lies and How to
- For younger students, 3 books by Ina
Flying Against the
The Story of a Young Woman Who Defied the Nazis;
The Other Victims;
First Person Stories of Non-Jews Persecuted by the Nazis; and
Escape or Die
True Stories of Young People Who Survived the Holocaust
- Survivors of the Shoah Study Guide
for the program, plus a Holocaust
- Children of Survivors 2nd Gen
Mailing List, click here
- The Wannsee Protocols, the historical notes from the meeting
that planned the Holocaust.
- Documentation of The Mass Murder of Lithuanian Jewry by the SS
Einsatzgruppen - "Action Groups"
Because of our incredible growth, we have moved servers. Please be patient with the
changes, including the temporary upgrading of the Cybrary Search Engine. This page is
still evolving since opening April 25, 1995 with over One Million Hits in April 1997 and
May 1997; last modified on August 18,1997. Watch as our new look develops in the upcoming
This site created and maintained by Michael Declan Dunn (firstname.lastname@example.org) of the Web Letter. Check out our Web site, Inetdesign, to learn more about working
with the Web.