Gays, the Holocaust, and the Pink Triangle
Click on title to read more about it and order. If a book is not highlighted, it means that amazon.com does not currently carry it. Thanks to S. Kevin Wojtaszek for suggesting this page and sending us to Scott A. Safier and his page,The Pink Triangle Pages, who thanks Matthew Priest at the University of Texas for this.
- Hans Peter Bleuel, Sex and Society in Nazi Germany (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott, 1973).
- John M. Clum, Acting Gay : Male Homosexuality in Modern Drama (Between Men-Between Women : Lesbian and Gay Studies); John M. Clum; Hardcover; $39.50
Paperback; $16.00; Descriptive information available, much on Sherman’s Bent..
- Erica Fischer, Aimee and Jaguar : A Love Story, Berlin 1943; Erica Fischer; Hardcover; $21.60
—-Diaries, letters, and testimonies about a relationship to a woman married to a Nazi functionary and her Jewish girlfriend (killed)
- John C. Fout, Forbidden History: The State, Society, and the Regulation of Sexuality in Modern Europe (Chicago: Univ of Chicago Pr , 1992).; Paperback; $17.96
- Max Gallo,The Night of the Long Knives (New York: Harper & Row, 1972)o; Paperback; $14.95 (Not Yet Published)—-regarding the Roehm Putsch
- Gunter Grau, Hidden Holocaust? Gay and Lesbian Persecution in Germany 1933-45; Paperback; $16.16
Hardcover, $45.00, Back ordered. (London: Cassel, 1995).—-Period documents
- Edwin J. Haeberle, “Swastika, Pink Triangle, and Yellow Star: The Destruction of Sexology and the Persecution of Homosexuals in Nazi Germany, Hidden from History: Reclaiming the Gay & Lesbian Past, Martin Bauml Duberman, et al, eds. (New York: New American Library, 1989), p. 365-379, l; Paperback; $15.26.
- Heinz Heger, The Men with the Pink Triangle (Boston: Alyson Publications, 1980). Paperback, $8.05—-memoir.
- Aart Hendriks, et al, eds., The Third Pink Book: A Global View of Lesbian and Gay Liberation and Oppression (Buffalo: Prometheus Books, 1993).
- Anton Kaes, et al, eds., The Weimar Republic Sourcebook Hardcover, $85.00 (Berkeley, CA: The University of California Press, 1994).
—-The Weimar Republic’s political and cultural lessons retain relevance for all who seek to understand the tensions of our age. This book represents the most comprehensive documentation of Weimar culture, history and politics assembled in any language. It invites a wide community of readers to discover the richness and complexity of the turbulent years in Germany before Hitler’s rise to power.
- Lesbianism and Feminism in Germany, 1895-1910 (New York: _____, 1975).
- Neil Miller, Out of the Past: Gay and Lesbian History from 1869 to the Present (New York: Vintage Books, 1995), Paperback $14.40.
- Richard Plant, The Pink Triangle: The Nazi War against Homosexuals (New York: Henry Holt and Company, 1986), Paperback $11.70.
- Frank Rector, The Nazi Extermination of Homosexuals (New York: Stein and Day, 1981).
- Pierre Seel, I, Pierre Seel, Deported Homosexual: A Memoir of Nazi Terror (New York: BasicBooks, 1995), Hardcover; $18.90;—-memoir
Liberation Was for Others : Memoirs of a Gay Survivor of the Nazi Holocaust; Pierre Seel, Joachim Neugroschel; Paperback; $13.95 (Not Yet Published)
- James D. Steakley, The Homosexual Emancipation Movement in Germany (New York: _____, 1975).
- FILM: Desire: Sexuality in Germany 19xx-1945 (documentary: almost exclusively homosexual issues) Produced for BBC Channel 4 ca. 1989–available in better video rental stores (i.e. NOT Blockbuster)