Copyright Notice You can use these materials in noncommercial and educational settings. Please ask permission to use these in any other case, thanks.
House of Terror Museum Visit in Budapest, Hungary – stunning photos and videos.
A new documentary about Hannah Arendt, one of the most influential thinkers of the 20th century.
Images & Vision
- Alan Jacob’s Photos of Auschwitz Photographs taken in Auschwitz and Birkenau in the years 1979 – 1981. An important collection of excellent photos.
- Birkenau and Mauthausen, 1996 The second in a series of concentration camp photography by Alan Jacobs. Online presentation by Krysia Jacobs includes interactive map.
- David Aronson’s Holocaust Art Series. Five powerful graphic images start the collection.
- Photographer Myatt Lipscomb shares two images from his gallery, “After the Holocaust” and “Tamara, a Survivor”.
- Virtual Tour of Auschwitz Stuart Nichols presents a mixture of essays and pictures of his visit to Auschwitz.
- Haunting Memory, a Triptych of Holocaust Photos Roger Beecroft calls this “mining the media for imagery”; view the pictures and his descriptions.
- “Lest We Forget” This important CD-ROM, “Lest We Forget”, shares video clips and pictures, as well as a view of its interface for teachers.
- Carpati: A Film Carpati: 50 Miles, 50 Years focuses on Zev Godinger, a “proste” (ordinary) Jew who has a special friendship with his Rom (Gypsy) neighbors. In 1931 the Jewish community of the Carpathian region (then in Czechoslovakia, today Ukraine) numbered a quarter of a million Jews. Today sixty-five years later there are fewer than 1,500. Audio clips, pictures, and much more.
- Images 1: Before The Storm The election of 1932, the opening of the first camp at Dachau in 1933, and a gradual political and social storm starts. Featuring the art of A. Paul Weber.
- Images 2: It Starts Kristallnacht, the dehumanization of medieval symbols to be worn, more and more camps, as refugees try to flee for safety.
- Images 3: Shoah Shoah, a Hebrew word for catastrophe. Images from the camps and Eastern Europe.
- Images 4: Liberation What the world found: the survivors and a challenge to remember.
- Pictures from the Warsaw Ghetto, from Courage Under Siege by Charles Roland
- Abe’s Story Interactive Map Accompany Abram Korn through his survival via this interactive map.