- Read Pearls and Lace: Poetry by Magdalena Klein (1920-1946), the youngest child of a middle-class Jewishfamily in northwestern Romania. She was an eyewitness to the rise of fascism inEurope and the horrors of World War II.
The Ghosts That Haunt Us
An in depth and moving survey of Jewish survivors of the Holocaust, The Ghosts That Haunt Us, features black and white portraits with the handwritten testament of their subjects in a manner that is both provocative and illuminating.
- Liberation ofGunskirchen, Austria – May 4, 1945
This pamphlet was produced by the US Army after theyliberated a concentration camp in Austria calledGunskirchen Lager. The 71st arrived just days before VE day. Many graphic picturesincluded.
- Jacque Lipetz shares his story: “Looking back, thisoccupation was benign compared to the horrors of the Nazis, butwhat loss of freedom is benign? What security lies in notknowing if there will be a tomorrow.”
- Henry Cohen was the Director of Camp Foehrenwald, the second largest Jewishdisplaced persons center in the American Zone of Germany in 1946.
- Announcing “Lest We Forget”, a CD-ROMHistory of the Holocaust to be explored at the Cybrary, including video clips,pictures, and interface examples from this important learning tool.
- Auschwitz/Birkenau Photographs by Alan Jacobs taken in 1979-81. Incrediblepictures; don’t forget to visit the Campsfor more pictures.
- The Last Witness: TheChild Survivor,a book by Judith Kestenberg and Ira Brenner is online.
- “In Auschwitz wurde niemandvergast.”(“Nobody was gassed at Auschwitz.”: 60 Rightist Lies and How toCounter Them)
- Courage Under Siege,a book by Charles Roland about the medical community resisting the ravages of disease and starvation in the Warsaw Ghetto, withactual pictures from theghetto.
- For younger students, 3 books byIna Friedman:
Flying Against theWind,
The Story of a Young Woman Who Defied the Nazis;
First Person Stories of Non-Jews Persecuted by the Nazis; and
True Stories of Young People Who Survived the Holocaust
- Survivors of the Shoah StudyGuide for the program, plus aHolocaust timeline.
- Children of Survivors 2ndGen Mailing List, click here
- The WannseeProtocols, the historical notes from the meeting that planned theHolocaust.
- Documentation of The Mass Murder ofLithuanian Jewry by the SS Einsatzgruppen – “Action Groups”
- Read our Holocaust RemembranceChat featuring John Loftus, Gary Mokotoff on Children of Survivors, andDr. Konnilyn Feig. Plus journey through the Holocaust with the Interactive Map in Abe’sStory; or look for lost family by Tracing our Legacy.Also How the Cybrary Is Organized, plus anumerous new sites are featured on our Links page and IThink…, filled with the stories you’ve shared.