All that is left of Krematoriun IV. It was burned by the
Sonderkommando in their revolt of October, 1944 and subsequently dismantled
by the SS before running from the advancing Soviet Army. The room in the
foreground is one of two gas chambers used here. In the background is the
"Little Wood" where Jews just off transports waited their turn
for Sonderbehandlung or "special treatment", as the creators
of the policy of murder called it. Beyond it is the camp proper.