Krematorium II (1)
This is a plaster
model of one of the two largest crematoria and gas chambers in the Nazi concentrationary
universe, Krematorium II. It operated from March 31, 1943 to November 27, 1944.
A wartime Allied aerial reconnaissance photo is at [link].
After evacuation from the gas chamber the bodies were taken
by lift to the crematorium on the first floor.
Both Krematoria II, and III had the capacity to burn 1440 corpses a day.